Followers

Monday, March 21, 2011

April's theme Steampunk..... what is it ?



I know that this theme is going to push a lot of you ..... including myself but it is a interesting subject.




Steam punk is a sub-genre of fantasy and speculative fiction that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used. Usually the 19th century, and often Victorian era England, but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy.


Also this theme has been used in some movie you may have watched and not realised it.


The golden compass. Van Helsing, sleepy hollow , Lemony Snickets, a series of unfortunate events and Wild, Wild West




Also our very own Patti's Blog is a wonder of examples of this theme
http://treasurebarnblog.blogspot.com/
The images used are from Patti .. thank you and if you like this subject Patti makes these tins to sell.
Her Etsy store is  Altered state of tin and the link is on her blog.





http://steampunkculture.com/
http://www.myspace.com/steampunkmagazine/blog


Also I've been playing with steampunk and I have some pictures on my blog. http://blissangels.blogspot.com/ 

Hugs Wendy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy:
    I've been avoiding committing to this theme. WAAAYYYY outside my comfort zone! But, what the hey? I'll give it a shot. Although, I apologize in advance to whoever you pair with up with. Please add my name to the swapper list for April.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. My word verification for my last comment was "stall". Appropriate, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to understand this form of art for some time now, and STILL don't understand it; but I'll do my best with it, and see what I come up with! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Donna I will add your name and I add some images that say steam punk to me

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Leave a comment or feel free to email us with questions or concerns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails